Worlds collide every year at the Met Gala with attendees from the fashion, art and entertainment industry. The annual fundraiser for the Metropolitan Museum is notorious for being one of the most exclusive social events and biggest night for fashion.
The Red Carpet is overflowed with glamour and celebrities flaunt their gorgeous gowns, impeccable hair, and flawless make up.
Sarah Silverman was no exception; she looked stunning in her Zac Posen dress and elegant, sleek bun. Hair stylist Brett Freedman created the look by using one of our CyndiBands.
Follow the steps below to get the look:
- Beginning with wet hair, Freedman prepared it with Paul Mitchell mousse (from the root to ends) to give hair texture/grip, he continued with a touch of Sebastian Laminates on the ends to seal/add shine.
- Next, blow dry hair section by section, make sure to go up and away from the face to maintain body.
- Once the hair is dry, Freedman used hot Rollers to add volume and create a bend at the ends.
- Let rollers cool and set for 30 minutes, once they are cool brush them out with a paddle brush.
- Freedman created a deep side part using a rat tail comb and combed the hair towards the nape of the neck.
- Gather the hair at the nape of the neck and secure it with a black CyndiBands elastic hair tie.
- Once secured, Freedman then wrapped the hair up and around, securing it with pins until bun was created.
- Finish the look with hairspray and lightly press the flat end of the rat rail comb against any fly-aways.
“Beauty lies in simplicity” was proven to be true when it came to Kristen Cavallari’s Oscars 2014 look. The star showed off her baby bump in a beautiful Alexander McQueen goddess-like dress which was complimented by an elegant bun. Hair stylist Scott Cunha created Cavallari’s effortlessly chic look.
Follow this step-by-step guide to recreate the look.
1. Beginning with damp hair, spray Normant Volumizer at the roots, then blow dry with the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer creating the volume desired without too much back-combing.
2. Next, using the T3 SinglePass Twirl Curling Iron, create waves throughout the hair focusing specifically around the hairline.
3. For texture, spray dry shampoo around the entire head.
4. Then, while scrunching the hair to create lift and texture, spray Serge Normant dry oil around the entire head, focusing on the hairline.
5. Using a T3 Rat Tail Comb, section the hair beginning at the top of the ear (leaving the front of the hair out) and pull hair into a ponytail using a neutral colored CyndiBands elastic hair tie.
6. Lightly pin the remaining front hair in separate sections to create un-teased volume.
7. Finally, pin the ponytail into a loose, textured bun, removing several pieces with the T3 Rat Tail Comb for it to be slightly undone.
Olga Kurylenko looked flawless on the red carpet for the 2014 Academy Awards. Her ‘natural, disheveled, ballerina bun’ perfectly complimented her eco-friendly gown, showed off her gorgeous face and was created using CyndiBands neutral color hair ties. John Ruggiero created this look for Sunday’s drizzly Oscars event and said “Frizz or fly-aways caused by the weather will only accent this look.
Get Olga’s Oscars look by following our step-by-step guide:
- John began by applying texturizing cream then used the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer to blow out fly-aways along the hair line.
- Next, he used the T3 SinglePass Whirl Wand to create S waves around the whole head.
- John then used his hands to shake out the waves to create texture.
- Next, he pulled all the hair up into a ponytail at the middle of the head. John secured the ponytail with a neutral colored CyndiBands elastic hair tie
- He then created a rope braid, and using his fingers, pulled apart the braid.
- He then used a T3 Carbon Comb to back comb the braid to create loose texture, allowing the wave to still show.
- Next, John wrapped the braid into a bun securing with hair pins.