Olga Kurylenko looked flawless on the red carpet for the 2014 Academy Awards. Her ‘natural, disheveled, ballerina bun’ perfectly complimented her eco-friendly gown, showed off her gorgeous face and was created using CyndiBands neutral color hair ties. John Ruggiero created this look for Sunday’s drizzly Oscars event and said “Frizz or fly-aways caused by the weather will only accent this look.
Get Olga’s Oscars look by following our step-by-step guide:
- John began by applying texturizing cream then used the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer to blow out fly-aways along the hair line.
- Next, he used the T3 SinglePass Whirl Wand to create S waves around the whole head.
- John then used his hands to shake out the waves to create texture.
- Next, he pulled all the hair up into a ponytail at the middle of the head. John secured the ponytail with a neutral colored CyndiBands elastic hair tie
- He then created a rope braid, and using his fingers, pulled apart the braid.
- He then used a T3 Carbon Comb to back comb the braid to create loose texture, allowing the wave to still show.
- Next, John wrapped the braid into a bun securing with hair pins.